The Power of Green Barley


Year 2012 started with the popularity of many organic supplements, including Green Barley. I was hesitant to try it out, so I was one of those who remained an unbeliever of its benefits. Until, I suffered from a mild ulcer attack.

I practice hard to perform good habits, but due to my various responsibilities both at home, work, and church it has become an impossible task. I failed to eat timely and my stomach started to complain. I knew something was wrong on Saturday evening last week and it is more than the pressure and stress of the tasks on my shoulder. I am starting to pay for my bad habit.

A friend recommended I use green barley, since it is a natural supplement. I did a research on it (since I am one of the few extreme pessimists when it comes to immediately accepting an idea) and stumbled upon the research of Dr. Yoshida Hagiwara M.D. in the article written by Betsy Block.

The Healing Benefits of Green Barley



“HEALING CLAIMS - Barley grass is a powerful antioxidant that is believed to help the body kill cancer cells and overcome a variety of ailments, including acne and ulcers.

HOW IT WORKS - An antioxidant called alpha-tocopherol succinate - a potent relative of vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) may be responsible for much of the plant's anti-tumor action, according to Allan L. Goldstein, Ph.D., head of the biochemistry department at George Washington University's School of Medicine and Health Sciences in Washington, D.C., who has studied barley grass. Though its mechanism is unknown, alpha-tocopherol succinate seems to inhibit several types of cancer, including leukemia, brain tumors, and prostate cancer.

According to Yoshihide Hagiwara, M.D., a researcher in Japan and author of the book "Green Barley Essence" (Keats, 1985), barley grass helps cure skin diseases and ulcers by promoting the growth of new cells. It is not known exactly how this happens, although barley grass is high in chlorophyll, an antibacterial green pigment.

THE EVIDENCE - There have been no clinical trials of barley grass. In an experiment at George Washington University, Goldstein and his colleagues exposed leukemic cancer cells to dehydrated barley grass extract. The extract killed virtually all of them. Encouraged, the researchers then subjected brain cancer cells to the extract. It eradicated 30 to 50 percent of these cells. In a third trial, the extract inhibited the growth of three types of prostate cancer cells by 90 to 100 percent.
Compare Curing Massive Cancer With Green Barley Pills.

In Japan, where barley grass extract is popular, there is anecdotal evidence that it helps the body heal from many illnesses. In one informal study, a Japanese dermatologist observed a group of 7.5 patients with skin diseases ranging from melanosis (darkening of the skin) to eczema. The patients who took barley grass extract healed faster than did those who did not. They also noticed improvements in appetite and bowel regularity.”

I followed the recommended dosage of two capsules in a day. I drink it 30 minutes before my meal. The first three days kept me sleepy. I am glad I did not stop drinking it because after a week, a felt my stomach getting better. I can once again eat foods together with my favorite chili sauce without feeling any stomach burns. I am loving Green Barley and asked both mom and dad to take it as daily supplement.

Now I have three supplements:

Vitamin C
Grape Seed Oil Extract
Green Barley

Prevention is better than cure. I invest in food supplements and motivate others to do the same. It is better to spend on things that will keep your body healthy rather than spend on things that will make you better.

Comments

  1. Hi! love you blog! I hope we can follow each others blog :-) let me know...I'd really be glad :-)
    articles0naddiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! I am glad you like the blog. I browsed your site and I am already following you. (I am new to blogging, so I am not too familiar with the widgets and the linking.)

      Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Oh yes! I've actually had my daughter who is diabetic tried it, but it wasn't in a capsule form, it's in plastic bottle and mixed with water. Though we didn't give it to her long enough to see the full potential of green barley, but with ll the information you shred, it seems we will have her take it more.
    Thanks, followed you btw, do kindly follow mine s well: http://www.gastronomybyjoy.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is completely safe, even for children. However, be mindful of the brand name that you are going to purchase. There are quite a number of imitations. Buy solely from reputable and official sellers.

      I believe your daughter would love the bottle in plastic that has to be mixed with water because of its pineapple flavor. But for adults, I prefer the capsule form.

      Thanks for following...

      Delete
    2. I love your blog. I love food and would be one of your happy followers. :)

      Delete
  3. this is a healthier alternative to chocolates and other candies. thanks for sharing. hope you can drop by : http://diningsofjoy.blogspot.com/2012/07/healthier-tuna-spread.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by. I did read your recipe. Looks yummy! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts