Its FRIENDSHIP DAY !!!


Do I consider my self as friendly? I guess, not. I am very choosy of my friends. I don’t have a bunch but those I consider friends are reliable, trustworthy, crazy, and weird just like me. We are one unique bunch. I am the spinster, Jae is the idealist, and Jay is the rebel without a cause. I am starting to wonder where these guys are because we agreed that we will be filling the pages of this blog with our thoughts but right now I am the only one feeding you with the contents of my curious mind. ( I hope you are enjoying whatever I have cooked for the day.)



In any case, I have lots of reasons to thank the Almighty for the beginning of this month, August. I wasn’t expecting to meet so many people in a just a single day, but I guess that is the power of the worldwide web. It connects you to the world in an instant. I managed to gather several acquaintances, some of which have become friends and brothers. Incidentally, August also marks Friendship Day. I wonder if this is really my blessing from heaven, but thanks to bhailu who introduced me to bloggers.com, I stumbled upon more friends.

image taken from http://www.littleabout.com/cim/friendship-day-quotes.jpg


What is Friendship Day?

I have heard of this celebration in the past. I thought it falls on the month of May, but I guess I was wrong. It actually falls on the first Sunday of August, which would be August 5 for the year 2012. It is time when you cherish these angels who have comforted you during the most difficult and hard times of your life. These are the people who made you smile, laugh, cry, and mad. They are your jewels in life. They sparkle more than diamonds and they are sure to last even the strongest of cyclones that will pass your way. They may not be your birth brothers and sisters, but they will stand by you no matter what. I am extremely grateful for them and I hope our schedule will match so we can have a nice cup of tea this Sunday…. ( I do hope they are reading this one: Jae and Jay)

Taken from  http://m7mdghazi.blogspot.com/2010/07/pretend-to-hug-you.html 


How to Celebrate Friendship Day

Below are a few tips on how you can celebrate Friendship Day

I miss them...


Poetry
If you are into poems then you can give them a personalized poem. It may be cheesy for some, but since you are friends then it would be highly appreciated by them. If you wish, you can even make a song out of these and record it for them to enjoy.

http://hdwallpaperpics.com/2012/05/27/cute-friendship-quotes-sayings.html


Arts
If you are not gifted with the blessings of words, then you may have the gift of artistry. You can draw an image of your friends or sew them a piece of bag or create a beadwork for them. These may be small tokens but it is enough to let them know how much you mean to them.

Learn How to Make One

Food
You may also give them baked goodies or cook them their favorite dish. If I were your friend then I would adore you for letting me eat a plate of lasagna or perhaps lasagna. ( I am simply craving for one right now).

Missing My Childhood Days



Hang-Out
The best way to celebrate friendship day is to have a date with your friends. We usually do, but because our favorite restaurant closed, we needed a new place to hang-out. I guess I need to find one very soon and inaugurate it as our new abode.





Watch a Movie
You may wish to spend the day at the comfort of your home and watch a movie. Rent DVD’s of the movies you have missed. Prepare lots of popcorn and spend time reminiscing your childhood days. Act as kids and remain young at heart.

I guess I would be the girl with the red pigtail... :)


Karaoke
If you have a Korean friend then nothing will make him or her happier than an hour or two inside a Karaoke Bar. There are many Karoake Bar here in the Philippines, so I believe it is possible. You can sing your hearts out without disturbing the neighbors. You can dance the night away without feeling ashamed because the only one watching you will be your bossom friends.


the innocence of youth



Spa Adventure
If you wish to share time with your office buddies, then spending leisure hour at a SPA would be a bliss. You can chat with them while you relax at the comfort of the enjoyable SPA in the city.


Image courtesy of  http://balielp.com/?page_id=303


Beach Escapade
If you have lots of time to spend then why not go to the beach. Get rid of those radiation caused by numerous hours in front of the computer. Swim your worries away while you laugh with friends. Prepare your barbecue and spend a good time with your pals.



I may have missed out on other things that would seem fun for you. I am not an expert on this matter. I know I have my own shortcomings. Nevertheless, I hope my friends can feel how much I appreciate their presence. I love you guys from the bottom of my heart. Lots of kisses ! ! !  Shay


For more friendship articles, feel free to browse Sarah Cunningham's list.

Comments

  1. I didn't even know there is such a thing as friendship day; It's GREAT!! Wonderful reminder of the good friends we have in our life.
    Love the pictures in your post :-)
    Have a fantastic day!
    Raquel@2dayswoman

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friendship Day to all !!!
    Was born a very bubbly friendly one though I look so snobbish and mataray... Though there are this what we call the BEST...:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess we share the same fight. People mistake me for being suplada as well, however that is true especially if strangers act cool towards me. I believe we could be good friends. Thanks for visiting...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts