Why I Wear My Hair Long





Does not nature itself teach you that if a man wears long hair, it is degrading to him, 
But if a woman have long hair, it is a glory to her: for her hair is given her for a covering. 
1 Corinthians 11:14





Friends find it intriguing that amidst the modern generation, I chose to wear my hair long. You may consider it a rebellion against modernity and a manner to preserve tradition; but there are numerous reasons why I prefer to wear it long rather than cut it short. This is my defense for those who are too picky with trying to persuade me to cut it short. 




The Law of Nature

I am not Miss Fair Lady nor am I a Princess trapped in the city. I wish to believe I am ordinary lady with long hair ( when I mean long… it is indeed long), but I fancy seeing my hair grow to its limit. You may not be aware of this fact, but hair has its own length limit. Owe it to heredity and your parents’ genes but if you are observant like me, then you will notice that some hair strands are thicker while others are thinner. This implies that some women are bound to experience longer hair. I am on the lucky side because my hair has reached to the floor and I am thrilled to brush it before sleeping, especially with its waves.

The Elegance of Long Hair

Princess and royalties have always been associated with long hair. Disney princess like Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, the Little Mermaid, and Jasmine all have long hair. These royalties may have different hair color, but Disney chose to stick with the tradition of long hair being linked to royalties. Of course, Lady Diana has a short hair, but she is an exception.


The Curiosity behind Long Hair
It is a thrill to see my little children ( students ) gets fascinated every time I lay down my hair. They call me, Rapunzel, not that I am pretty as she is, but simply because of my  hair. It has been a guessing game to friends whenever we discuss how long my hair actually is. They wouldn't believe it has grown that long, but I am not insane to loosen it and show it in front of the public. That will certainly attract attention.

The Variety of Styles Used for Long Hair
I can easily change the look depending on the type of hairstyle I use. If I am in a rush, I can simply style it into a bun. If I have more time, then it turns out and gets transformed into a braid. I can also make it look shorter with a few tricks. Other hairstyles you could use on it include the following.

My faith
Ultimately, my faith speaks that it is an act of obedience to keep your hair long, as long as nature allows it. Some say it is a tough one to live by, but it is not difficult with someone who believes and is in love with her faith. I cherish the doctrine and hold it dear in my heart. Church of God International is probably the only religion, if not the only one, who strictly follows the doctrines of Christ in the Bible and I am a proud member of this congregation. Will I cut my hair short? NO, it did not even cross my mind.








Comments

  1. Hello,
    I am just impressed just by the words about how long your hair is, but I think seeing it, you will be able to stop me litteraly on my track.
    Well, I don't know how long it is now. But I hope you still keep it.
    I am so happy when I hear about someone who keep her long hair.

    I wish you all the best in your life.
    With respect, From France

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!

    I haven't cut my hair for almost 13 years now. It already reaches the floor when I comb it standing up and I am 5"4. :)

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're welcome, and really, I encourage you to keep it...

    When you say "but I fancy seeing my hair grow to its limit", you mean that you wish to see the length limit of your hair ?

    PS : Thank you very much for your reply :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to say :
    You said : "They call me, Rapunzel, not that I am pretty as she is"...
    You are very pretty, and you are just real :)

    Kind regards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, I believe I have seen the limit of my hair. It has only reached the ground and it has stopped already. If you know Crystal Gale, the singer, its as long as hers.

    Happy Holidays Sylvain, thanks for interacting.

    Shay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you sure it really stopped ?
    When did it reached this length ?
    Well, I know a lot in hair Science and care, and sometimes, you can be surprised that a little more length is coming. Hair growth phase is different for each of your hair, if it is more than 3 years that it don't keep longer, so you are at the maximum.
    I don't know what is your care routine or how you treat your hair in everyday life, but there is a lot of possibility to have a slight gain in the length limit, but I can't say anything since I don't know how you are treating your hair.
    Thanks to you for replying
    Great holidays to you too

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup, I have never cut my hair since the year 2000. I believe its maximum length would only be 5 feet and 4 inches. I typically apply conditioner twice a week and only use organic shampoo. I am an organic girl. :) :) :). I love anything organic...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to use organic Shampoo and Conditioner.
    I used to present to my ex girlfriend some 100% natural products. She had long hair, and enjoyed my care for her hair.
    Well, some product had a cost, from 29 to 100 euros, shampoo, conditioner, and mask, with all the nutritive ingredients to make scalp healthy.
    The product of 100 euros was a mask that was used to repair hair that received an occasionnal bad treatment (Cigarette smoke, pollution, and all that can cause a bad "mood" to hair)
    I have made a lot of research for the care of hair 2-3 years ago.
    I will tell more about it if you want...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that sounds fun. I have a friend who enjoys taking care of his girlfriend's hair too. I guess more men still like their girls with long hair.

    ReplyDelete
  10. When I was younger, I started to learn hairdressing. I stayed in this school for 1 or 2 month, to see that I hate to cut hair.
    What interested me was the biology of hair.
    But not to style it, just for the care.
    Today, I litteraly changed my work, but continuing to study hair and products.
    I had the luck only one time in my life to meet a girl with long hair (mid thigh), and started to share with her some products and tips. But we broke up too early to see a real result.
    When I look around, unfortunaly, there is only short to mid length hair, that's sad.

    ReplyDelete
  11. True!

    I guess more girls prefer to wear their hair short for convenience, little do they know that it is more fun to have long hair because of the variety of styles you can do with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts