Freelance Writing, To Do or Not to Do

Is it wise to pursue freelance writing and leave the corporate world?

Freelance Writing is still Best


I have been fortunate to experience freelance writing for the past three years. Right now, I went back to the corporate world in order to analyze if doing freelance writing is indeed more enjoyable and more beneficial. Here are the thoughts that came to my mind:

1. Freelance Writing is More Enjoyable

There is no question about this. You choose your projects and your clients. You write only what you like and do so according to your own pace. In the end, it feels more like a hobby rather than work because you love it so much you even sing a song while making your draft.

The Irony of Freelance Writing


2. The Corporate World Offers Financial Stability

Mom pushed me to go back to the corporate world because of "financial stability." She made me realize that I will earn $$$ a a freelance writer but I will never know until when it the money will enter my bank account. She suggested I try being employed. I followed her advice and realized there is half-truth to what she stated.

Silence Please


A company is never too secure in this world. It also depends on the work load they receive. Thus, it is not 100% secure. The only thing enjoyable with it is the fact that there is someone else looking for the project for you, rather than you searching for the project.

3. Freelance Writing and Freedom of Expression

I work from home. I wake up and sleep anytime I want. 

Freelance Writing Peace and Tranquility

Well, this is not the entire truth. I wake up and sleep anytime I want if and only if I have finished the project; otherwise, I also stay up late at night beating the deadline. Nevertheless, I have the luxury of playing loud music, putting my feet on top of the table, munching crackers, watching TV on the side, and playing with my niece when my brain gets too tired. This is impossible in the corporate world. Oh, I so much miss my work station at home. Come to think of it, I plan of redesigning it so I can have dual monitors, too! This is a great idea I learned from the office.

4. The Corporate World is Always Updated with the Recent Trends

The reason corporations operate for years is the competitive edge they offer. Most of which come from the innovative solutions they apply in their work. They place a lot of investment in research. Thus, you easily learn the latest trends in the industry today. Moreover, you get to chat with very cool people who are experts in their own fields. 



Oh, but sometimes that is too tough, especially if they suddenly become too engaged with the conversation and they forget that you are creating content for a very meticulous client. ( Sight once again)

I have tried my best not to be too biased in favor of freelance writing in this article, but I guess it is very obvious, particularly with the many "ohs" and "sighs" you see in this page. I miss the freelance world. I think of returning to the freelance world. However, I made a promise and I intend to keep it. I just hope and pray the Father in heaven will continue to show favor upon me.

Until next time, my friends! Ciao Ciao!

Comments

Popular Posts